A DOOR IN THE WALL HYPNOSIS
What is hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a focused, direct form of therapy that utilizes a relaxed, therapeutic trance-state to implement behavioral, emotional or physiological change.
Harvard neuroscientist Dr. Stephen M. Kosslyn says, “People think that sights, sounds
and touch from the outside world constitute reality. But the brain constructs what it
perceives based on past experience.”
In his book, Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself, Dr. Joe Dispenza states that 95% of
who we are by the age of 35 is a set of memorized behaviors, skills, emotional reactions,
beliefs, perceptions and attitudes, creating our subconscious computer program. Our
conscious mind, estimated at nearly only 5% of our brain, is informed by and has to battle
against that 95% in order to actualize change. We can often feel like we’re making
progress, and then suddenly hit a wall of resistance that we can’t quite break through.
Imagine that there is a door between our conscious and subconscious minds, and in order
to modify that proverbial computer program, we need to enter through it. Our
understanding of what a door is, what that door would look like and what would be
required to open it is informed by our past experiences with doors and walls, so we may
not even perceive that one is directly in front of us. With hypnosis, a controlled, pleasant,
safe altered-state, the brain can suspend the critical factor of the mind that insists that
there is a wall of separation between the two to begin with, and what an individual
desires with their conscious mind to be their reality may become it.
What is it good for?
The subconscious mind being the most significant operator of our minds and bodies,
access to it through hypnotherapy allows for positive impacts on thoughts, emotions,
behaviors and physiology.
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Trauma recovery
- Coping with difficult life passages & illness
- Changing negative patterns
- Anxiety and stress management
- Fears and phobias
- Pre- and post-surgery anxiety
- Habit control
- Energetic and emotional blocks
- Pain management
- Focus & dedication
- & more
Please visit my website for additional information regarding
sessions and fees.
With a background as an artist, musician and writer, a love for both the esoteric and the
academic, and a lengthy pursuit of personal healing through both allopathic and
alternative modalities, my training at the Hypnosis Motivation Institute, the first school
for hypnotherapy accredited by the USDE, is uniquely informed. A compassionate
listener with a knack for original therapeutic imagery and metaphor, a passion for the
wisdom of great authors, healers, myth-makers and mystics, and an eye and ear for
creating and curating healing space, I take a multi-disciplinary approach to my practice. I
am dedicated to helping others transform their relationship with their minds and bodies
from an adversarial one to a compassionate and collaborative one.
Please note that I am not a replacement for appropriate psychiatric or medical
practitioners; I am rather a complimentary adjunct. I am happy to communicate and
collaborate with any practitioners that you are working with, and, in some cases, may
require a referral from such individuals. I intend to show the utmost respect to both you
and all of those who are also working to help you improve your life.
Hypnosis Motivation Institute
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Handwriting Analysis Certifications
- Hypnosis for Pain Management, American Hypnosis Association
- Hypnosis for Immune Disorders, American Hypnosis Association
- Trauma Recovery Hypnosis, American Hypnosis Association
- Past-Life Regression Therapist, American Hypnosis Association
- Usui Reiki I, John Harvey Gray Center for Reiki Healing
- Certified Master Hypnotist, Hypnotherapists Union Local 472
- Advanced Emotional Freedom Technique/EFT, American Hypnosis Association
- Imagery for Life Passages, American Hypnosis Association
- How to Release Self-Limiting Beliefs, American Hypnosis Association
- Spiritual Tarot: Hypnotic Applications for the Archetypes of Tarot, American
- American Hypnosis Association